Pages - Menu

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let's Talk

I don't know... Maybe it's the mood I'm in right now (or the fact that I'm wearing stilettos today, it makes me feel more sassy) but I'm going to venture from fashion and talk about what I don't want in my life.  While I would do almost anything (literally) for a pair of Tory Burch flats *hint hint Momma* but there are a couple things in my life I wouldn't do anything to get.

#1. Being Normal
Here's the thing: I'm loud, sarcastic and have the most annoying voice and laugh ever.  But, I wouldn't trade-in any of those characteristics.  I feel that life is measured in moments, not minutes, and those moments are best lived if your laughing (sorry that you can hear me laughing two rooms over).  I do apologize to all the people I've booty danced on randomly in public, I'm sorry only if you were offended - not at all that I did it.


#2. Acting Like a Grown Up
I'm mature when I need to be, like in the boardroom and at weddings (receptions not included).  The truth is: I TiVo the Disney Channel, I love Hello Kitty more than a 12 year old and I need my dolphin pillow pet.  I think one of the best eras was the Boy Band Era; Nsync, Boys II Men and 98 Degrees will never be replaced. Ever. So when I'm the last to get gray hair and people ask me how, I'm going to tell them it's because I still find Wizards of Waverly Place enjoyable.

#3. Finding a Boyfriend/Husband/Whatever.
Let me start with a disclaimer, I DO want to fall in love and I'm not a lesbian - now that we've gotten that awkward moment over with...  I just refuse to settle for anything less than God's best for me.  No, I don't expect the perfect man to walk into my life (face it, that's why God redid men and made women) but I do expect a few things.  I expect him to love me like tomorrow won't happen, I expect Him to serve God like a child and for him to make my/his/our family as important as breathing.  So what I'm saying is that I don't want a boyfriend just to have a boyfriend.  It's COMPLETELY OKAY that I'm 25 and single.  I'm sure it's taking so long because my future husband has some growing up to do, we all know that women mature wayyy faster.  Plus he's probably searching for the perfect pair of suspenders to wear.

While I think that lace, bows and head bands are the greatest things that ever happened to fashion, I don't think that being anything less that who you are is a "cute accessory".  So this is my encouragement to you, be yourself.  Who cares what people think?! 

In the words of Miss Marilyn Monroe, 

"It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring!"

No comments:

Post a Comment